Do you know an education blogger who you think has made a huge difference in your teaching practice, who has impacted the state of education, or who has served the interests of publication with excellence through his or her blog?
If so, head on over to the 2014 Edublog Awards where — for the ELEVENTH year — nominations are now open!
The purpose of the EduBlog Awards is to promote and demonstrate the educational values of social media, according to EduBlogAwards.com.
The Edublog Awards started in 2004 in response to community concerns relating to how schools, districts and educational institutions were blocking access of learner and teacher blog sites for educational purposes. The purpose of the Edublog awards is promote and demonstrate the educational values of these social media.
Working together, we create an invaluable resource of the best-of-the-best on the web.
Nominations end at 10:59 p.m. CST on November 24; voting begins soon after that.
Go nominate HERE!
- You can nominate in as many categories as you like
- However, only make one nomination per category
- Don't nominate yourself
- Even if your favorite EduBlogger is already on the list, go ahead and nominate them again
- Categories are competitive, and only the most nominated will make it to the voting round
- Share your nominations using twitter (#eddies14), facebook, Google+ and email
Here are my Nominations
I plan to nominate the following bloggers in these categories:
- Best individual blog: Diane Ravitch Blog
- Best group blog: Nerdy Book Club
- Best ed tech / resource sharing blog: Free Tech 4 Teachers
- Best teacher blog: Pernille S. Ripp
- Best administrator blog: A View from the Edge by Rob Miller
- Most influential blog post of the year: Why I Hope for Joy!
- Best individual tweeter: @jmsprincipal
- Best twitter hashtag or chat: #oklaed
- Best free web tool: Twitter.com
- Best educational use of media (audio / video / visual / podcast): ELAOK Teacher Videocast
- Best open PD / unconference / webinar series: PD on Your Plan
- Best educational use of a social network: #oklaed Twitter Community
- Best mobile app: Evernote.com
- Lifetime achievement: Claudia Swisher