Yes, not only am a middle and high school English teacher and the owner of this educational publishing company, I also publish a podcast to help teachers learn about methods and resources they can use in their English Language Arts classrooms.
If you're here, you may have heard of it — or even listened to some of my episodes. Which brings me to the main point of this course…
Listening to podcasts on your iPhone isn’t the same thing as creating one yourself. But why would you want to create a podcast? As an educator, you have a million other things to do. I have two reasons:
- Some of your students have a lot to say — but they struggle to write. Podcasting would be an excellent want to help them be successful in communicate with others. And if you're going to teach students how to podcast, you're going to need to create one of your own. Just like you can’t teach writing effectively if you aren’t a writing yourself, you can’t teach podcasting effectively if you’ve never created a podcast.
- As an educator, you have a set of skills others need, the story of your journey to share, and a network of educators whose voices you can amplify in a specific area. We'll talk about this more later.
So here is what we’re going to do in this course:
- Create a podcast series overview.
- Plan one episode.
- Discuss the tools you can use to create your podcast.
- Create your very first podcast episode!
Let’s get started…